Sunday, January 31, 2016 / 4 Comments / kids , kids parties , recipes for kids , snacks
Healthy Snacks for Kids
Three healthy snack ideas kids can make themselves. Easy recipes even picky eaters will love!
My girls and I are having so much fun making YouTube cooking videos. This week we are thrilled to share three healthy snack ideas for kids. These are healthy recipes kids can make by themselves or with assistance, depending on age. These kid-friendly snacks are incredibly simple and nutritious, and will make even the pickiest of eaters happy! There really is no need for processed packaged foods when eating whole foods is this fun and tasty. These "recipes" are pretty self explanatory - I would really call them snack ideas rather than recipes. Let's take a look at what we made:
1. Pinkalicious Fruit Skewers
2. Bear Peanut Butter and Fruit Rice Cakes
3. Green Monster Quesadillas
What are your favorite simple healthy recipes for kids? Want even more ideas? Click the images below to see the recipes!
Don't forget to check out our video and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more weekly recipes!
Green Monster QuesadillasYummy Mummy Kitchen
Quesadillas that look like monster faces are fun for kids to make!
- 4 small organic corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- favorite cheese, sliced or grated
- 1 cup prepared or store bought guacamole
- sliced olives for eyes
- sliced bell pepper for mouth
- any other veggies to play around with!
- Grown ups should fry the quesadillas, while kids make the monster faces. To make the quesadillas, heat butter or coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the pan and top with cheese. Cover with a second tortillas. Cover the pan so that cheese melts. Flip once bottom tortilla is crisp. Add more butter or oil if needed. Repeat with other quesadillas if making more.
- Remove quesadilla from frying pan and let cool slightly. Let kids slather quesadillas with guacamole and create monster faces using the veggies. Cut into wedges and enjoy!
Prep Time: 2 mins.
Total time: 17 mins.
Tags: vegan, vegetarian, kids cooking, snacks, kids