Wednesday, December 2, 2015 / 2 Comments / Christmas , Dessert , Gluten Free , New Year's , Vegan , vegan cheesecake , vegan treats , Winter
Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
Raw Vegan Cheesecake Slice with Cranberries. Naturally gluten-free, refined sugar free, and vegan. Perfect for Christmas or anytime.
I am so so so excited to share this recipe with you today. This vegan cheesecake turned out just dreamy, gorgeous, and delicious. You MUST make it for all your holiday parties. No holiday parties? Then just make it for yourself, okay?
This cranberry vegan cheesecake is sweet, tart but not too tart, cold, and creamy. I call it an ice cream cake with the kids and we enjoy this best frozen. And don't tell the kids, but this recipe is actually nourishing. Unlike most conventional cheesecakes and ice cream, this recipe is high in fiber, protein, and vitamins.
"This. Is amazing." Those were the words my daughter had about this delectable vegan treat. I am having so much fun playing with vegan desserts like this "cheesecake." It is just amazing to see what beautiful delicious foods you can make with natural, plant-based ingredients. And there is no need for potentially toxic food dyes either - nature provides the most beautiful colors! We love snacking on Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Cheesecakes, but I wanted to make you something special for the holidays now that it is December. This beauty is layered with a crunchy crust, a vanilla cream layer, and a fresh cranberry cream layer. I topped it all off with sugared cranberries, though they are certainly not vegan and raw like the rest of the cake. You could try rolling the cranberries in date or coconut sugar for a more natural take.
This recipe is simpler than it's fancy schmancy appearance lets on! All the layers are made in a food processor and pressed or poured into a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. You could also make these into little individual treats like I did here.
Pop the pan into the freezer overnight, or at least a few hours until completely frozen.
Then slice into squares or wedges like I did here. Isn't this a stunner?! And it's just as delicious as it is gorgeous. Our family quickly polished off this dreamy dessert in just a day.
Happy healthy holidays!
Vegan CheesecakeYummy Mummy Kitchen
Delicious raw vegan cheesecake.
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup almonds, pecans, walnuts or a combination
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or 1 hour in a bowl with boiling water poured over
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut syrup or honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- sugared cranberries, for garnish (optional)
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Set aside. Alternatively, spray a muffin tin with cooking spray for mini cakes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse dates, nuts, and coconut until the mixture comes together when pressed, but not yet making a ball in the processor, as the little pieces of nuts give the crust crunch. If the mixture is too dry, add another date or a few drops of water. Press this crust into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the drained cashews, coconut oil, coconut syrup or honey, lemon juice and milk into the food processor and puree until very smooth and creamy. Stir in the vanilla bean seeds and discard the pod. Pour roughly 2/3 of the cashew "cream" over the crust. Slice a few of the cranberries and press them into the vanilla cream. Place pan into the freezer.
- Add the remaining cranberries to the food processor with the remaining 1/3 vanilla cream. Puree until smooth. Pour the cranberry cream over vanilla layer and place back in the freezer for several hours, until completely frozen. Our family likes this best served frozen and my kids consider this "Ice cream" but others prefer it just chilled like a cheesecake.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: vegan, cheesecake, ice cream, dessert, holidays, christmas, hanukah, dates, cashews