Monday, December 21, 2015 / ... comments / Christmas , Vegetarian , Winter
Quesadilla Christmas Trees
Cute Christmas trees made out of quesadillas and guacamole.
Everyone in our family loves quesadillas. Today for a special treat I made Christmas Tree quesadillas. Aren't they cute?! I think they are the perfect fun holiday food for kids - or adults. You can decorate them with any topping you like. I love pomegranate arils with guacamole and they work well as a festive topping here.I'm signing off for the week to spend time with my family, but you can find me on Instagram. Happy holidays, Friends!
Quesadilla Christmas TreesYummy Mummy Kitchen
Quesadilla Christmas trees make a cute and healthy holiday snack for kids.
- 2 tortillas
- favorite cheese
- 3 tablespoons black beans, rinsed
- prepared guacamole (homemade or store-bought)
- pomegranate arils
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into little stars with a knife or small cutter
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray or melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the skillet and cover with cheese and beans. Place second tortilla on top.
- Cook until cheese has melted and tortillas are crisp. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 6 triangles.
- Spread guacamole over quesadillas. Decorate with pomegranate arils. Top with a bell pepper star and place a piece of celery at the bottom for a trunk.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: cute snacks for kids, healthy snacks, holiday food, Christmas tree
Gluten Free Option: Use GF tortillas
Vegan Option: use vegan cheese such as Daiya or Field Roast