Saturday, July 12, 2014 / ... comments / Gluten Free , Summer , Vegan , Vegetables , Vegetarian , zucchini
Baked Zucchini Chips
A simple recipe for baked zucchini chips with Parmesan.
I thought I had a lot of summer squash before. But then we got home from Italy and after just two weeks the garden had grown wildly. So my quest to use up zucchini continues. This week I sliced a couple of zucchini into rounds, sprinkled them with Parmesan and a little salt and pepper and baked them. The kids (who aren't big zucchini lovers in general) gobbled them up and said they tasted like cheese crackers. Cheese crackers, only without all the refined flour and processed junk. These "chips" don't really get crispy crunchy, they are more like soft roasted zucchini, but the kids like them better when I call them chips, so chips they are. Maybe one day I'll invest in a food dehydrator and have some proper crunchy zucchini chips.
My sweet gardener - lavender and zucchini picker. I thought this picture was just beautiful.
Zucchini, you may have won the kids over with this recipe.
I added some kale to the pan - our family loves kale chips. If you do the same, just be sure to remove the kale earlier than the zucchini, as it cooks faster.
Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
printer friendly recipe
- coking spray (I used olive oil spray)
- 2 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds (about 1/8")
- Parmesan cheese (I used a couple of tablespoons - just wing it)
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper. Lay zucchini rounds on sheet and coat with a little oil. Sprinkle with a think layer of Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, turning rounds over after 10 minutes.
3. Enjoy warm.
More healthy vegetable chips recipes:
Baked Sweet Potato Chips on Minimalist Baker
Crispy Baked Beet Chips on Just a Taste
Plantain Chips on Cooking Light
Purple Kale Chips on Yummy Mummy Kitchen